1. When a bug lands in your soda, do you:
- Throw the can away.
- Think to yourself, “Wow, I need to look that up in my insect identification book!”
2. Your daughter comes into the house covered in dirt. Do you:
- Order her to take off her shoes and head to the nearest bathtub.
- Have her collect a sample of soil from the floor and rub it between her fingers to check the texture.
3. The news channel warns of an impending tornado. Do you:
- Go to the basement or an interior room.
- Grab your camera and head outside.
4. You turn your back for five minutes and your 3-year-old son has mixed flour, cinnamon, Kool-Aid, and something else into an unidentifiable goo. He is now holding the bowl in one hand and smearing this mixture on the walls with the other. Do you:
- Immediately throw the bowl in the trash.
- Let him test his hypothesis that the goo will stick to the walls before you take his bowl away.
5. You are reading this survey and imagining these scenarios actually taking place. Do you:
- Feel an immense sense of relief that this isn’t happening at your house.
- Wish the survey was longer so you’d have more ideas to try. ;-)